$1,500 Video Contest Scholarship for Creative Students
Make an Ingenious Video, Get a Reward, and Save Some Green
Tons of work, misunderstandings with teachers, zero time for yourself… Students experience these and many other issues every day. Are there any tips to help young scholars handle these challenges?
The IvyPanda team wants to hear your opinions and advice, so we decided to establish the $1,500 Video Contest Scholarship for Creative Students.
You don’t even need to have any distinguished achievements to qualify. All you need is a little bit of creativity!
By the way:
For every 1,000 views on each participant’s video, we’ll plant a tree.
Are you ready to compete for the prize?
Then keep reading!
Video Contest Highlights
- The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The runner-up prize is $500.
- The best videos will be published on our YouTube channel.
- For every 1,000 views on any given participant video, we will plant a tree.
- Winners will receive individual certificates from IvyPanda.com.
Who Can Participate?
We will accept videos from current high school, college, or university students from any country. The winners will be required to send us proof of their academic status or enrollment.
How to Apply
- Record an original video on one of the following topics:
- How to Overcome Loss Of Study Motivation: Your Personal Lifehacks
- How to Maintain a Good Study-Life Balance: Your Recommendations
- Your Tips And Tricks To Reduce Homesickness for Both Domestic and International Students
- Upload your video to one of these file-hosting services: Dropbox, Google Drive, Streamable, or WeTransfer.
No video should be set to public access before the Contest.
- Subscribe to the IvyPanda YouTube channel; like and share the Contest video-descriptionon Google+, Twitter, or Facebook; and take a screenshot.Screenshots proving your subscription and video share must be sent along with your application.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR message us on Facebook with:
- The direct link to your uploaded video
- The screenshot of your subscription to IvyPanda’s Youtube channel
- The screenshot of the Contest video-description shared on social media
Applications will be accepted from May 15, 2018, 12:00 AM EST to June 15, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.
- Your video must:
- Cover one of the topics given above
- Be in English only
- Have a creative, catchy title that reflects your ideas
- Last between 1 – 1:30 minutes
- Be submitted in one of the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI
- Be sent before the deadline
- You must be subscribed to the IvyPanda YouTube channel.
- The Contest video-description must be shared on one of your social media accounts.
Note: For the best results, we reserve the right to change the title of your video before uploading it to YouTube.
Applications will NOT be accepted before May 15, 2018, 12:00 AM EST or after June 15, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.
Send in your submissions to:
How We Will Evaluate Your Video
Before your video is published on IvyPanda’s YouTube channel, our editorial team will evaluate your submission based on the following criteria (each participant can earn 100 points in total):
- Content Quality ー 30 points. The video should deliver accurate and useful information on one of the given topics.
- Engagement ー 30 points. The video should be attention-grabbing, engaging, and fun.
- Creativity ー 20 points. The video should contain the author’s own creative ideas. We do not tolerate plagiarism!
- Production ー 20 points: The video should be of high quality overall and present the material clearly (including visual and sound elements).
Each participant may submit only one video and win just one award.
The best videos that meet all the criteria will be published on the IvyPanda YouTube channeland opened up for online voting.
Online voting will start on July 02, 2018, and end on July 08, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.
The two videos that receive the most likes on YouTube will be determined as the winners.
You may ask:
Am I allowed to share my video on social media and ask my friends to vote for me?
Sure! Social media shares are welcome and may improve your chances of winning.
Winners will be announced on July 16, 2018, on IvyPanda’s blog.
To receive their awards, the winners must provide proof of enrollment or study. If they cannot or will not provide this confirmation, the award will be given to the next appropriate participant in line.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you understand the Contest rules and criteria and agree to accept the decision of the judges. You agree to allow us to edit, upload for public access, share, and use your video in other ways at our discretion.