Alfred Friendly Press Partners: Applications for General Fellowship
Alfred Friendly Press Partners is currently seeking applications from Early-career professional journalists for its General Fellowship.
The fellowship program begins with a three-week orientation and training seminar at the Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia, Missouri designed to prepare the fellows – both personally and professionally – for the challenges of living and working in the United States. At the middle of the program, fellows and staff come together to attend seminars focused on writing, editing, multimedia reporting, and investigative reporting/Computer Assisted Reporting.
- To provide the fellow with experience in reporting, writing, editing, producing and editorial decision-making that will enhance future professional performance;
- To expose the fellow to the technological changes that are occurring in the industry;
- To enable the fellow to gain a practical understanding of the function and significance of the free press in American society;
- To transfer knowledge gained on the program to colleagues at home;
- To foster continuing ties between free press institutions and journalists in the United States and their counterparts in other countries.
- Early-career professional journalists from developing countries with proficiency in English can apply for a six-month fellowship;
- Alfred Friendly provides fellows with basic and advanced hands-on instruction at the Missouri School of Journalism and places them in leading U.S. newsrooms;
- The successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet;
- Participants work as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.