Apply for IWMF’s 2017 Reporting Fellowship to Zanzibar!
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for its “Reporting Fellowship to Tanzania”. As part of the African Great Lakes Reporting Initiative, a group of six journalists will report from Zanzibar, a semi-autonomous island off the east coast of mainland Tanzania, covering stories related to the trip theme of civic engagement.
Applicants are asked to pitch stories relevant to the trip location and theme; stories must focus on in-depth and new narratives and be notably different from those reported on previous Fellowships. IWMF will prioritize applications with creative, thoughtful, and original pitches.
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working full-time in news media. Please note that internships do not count toward professional experience;
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply;
- Non-native English speakers must be proficient in English in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program;
- Applicants must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets (a letter from an editor is strongly preferred).
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all Fellows within the scope of the Fellowship base location and trip dates;
- The IWMF also covers Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs;
- Visa costs will also be covered;
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas, for which they will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the Fellowship.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information please visit the official website.