Every year the TED Fellows program selects a new group of extraordinary, multidisciplinary individuals by open application. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields who are doing bold, original work.
In the midst of this global pandemic, the TED Fellows program is more committed than ever to finding and amplifying individuals making a vital impact in their communities and doing the work of future-making. Read on to learn how to apply, and how the TED Fellows program is meeting this moment.
Since launching the TED Fellows program, we’ve gotten to know and support some of the brightest, most ambitious thinkers, change-makers and culture-shakers from nearly every discipline and corner of the world.
Whether it’s discovering new galaxies, leading social movements or making waves in environmental conservation, with the support of TED, Fellows are dedicated to making the world a better place through their innovative work. And you could be one of them.
What happens when I’m chosen as a TED Fellow?
- You become part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts.
- You receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- You gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and your ideas.
- You will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
- You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches.
- You’ll get public relations guidance and media training.
- You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
- You will get a possible invitation to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California. (Note: while they are currently planning on an in-person conference in Monterey [May 29–June 4, 2021], given the global pandemic this conference may be cancelled and the TED Fellowship may become entirely virtual. This will depend on expert advice and local health safety protocols.)
They are looking for individuals who have a proven track record of great work in their field and are on the brink of an incredible breakthrough, but need the extra support to get there. They are looking for individuals from all disciplines, and who have collaborative, kind personalities.
All applicants must be 18 years or older by the time they apply.
What are the requirements?
- An idea worth spreading!
- A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, short paragraphs on your work and three references. (It’s fun, and it’ll make you think…)
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.
- You must be available May 29–June 4, 2021.
TED Fellows are part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts. If selected, you’ll have the opportunity to give a TED Talk and gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and ideas. You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches and get public relations guidance and media training. You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows and possibly be invited to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California (depending on how the pandemic progresses over the coming months).
If invited to a conference, they cover the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, you must fill in the application form.
For more information please visit the official web page.