Vacancy for Demi Chef de Partie in Baku, Azerbaijan
Position: Demi Chef de Partie
Employer: Boulevard Hotel Company LLC
Address: Baku, Azerbaijan, Xəqani Rustamov street 4 C
About Baku Boulevard Hotel Company:
The hotel is affiliated with the Autograph Collection, Marriott’s brand featuring an exclusive portfolio of upscale independent hotels and resorts. Boulevard Hotel offers 818 comfortable rooms and it will be the largest conference hotel in Azerbaijan. It provides perfect accessibility to all major business and cultural sites of the city as well as the finest facilities that are designed to suit a wide variety of and functions.
Baku Boulevard Hotel is managed by Absheron Hotel Group and is a part of Autograph Collection, Marriott’s brand
featuring exclusive portfolio of upscale independent hotels and resorts. Absheron Hotel Group also manages Pik Palace and Park Chalet Hotels in Shahdag Mountain Resort and Intourist Hotel Baku opening in 2015.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist colleagues, in supporting culinary teams, if required, to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To report accidents and sickness immediately to the Chef de Cuisine, with clear and concise details as required.
- To identify and request assistance prior to any breakdowns.
- Give clear direction & instructions to commis in your area
- Attends meetings and briefings as instructed by the Chef de Cuisine, and clearly and concisely disseminates relevant information to related teams, if required.
- To relay any breakdown related information to the Chef de Cuisine immediately, to enable root cause identification and eradicate re occurrences.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlets.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To ensure any operating equipment malfunction is communicated to the Chef de Cuisine immediately, to allow for engineering response.
- To adhere to all pre-determined set-up times and breakdowns for each meal period-event.
- To follow all control and key procedures.
- To assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.
- To take a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To assist the storeroom Receiving Clerk in reviewing the quality of goods received, if required,
- To assume a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the employee cafeteria and assistance to the team if required.
- College, Culinary graduate in the position required
- Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
- 2 years minimum in five star hotel or fine dining restaurant.
- Solid Culinary Basics & Techniques.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV preferably in Word or pdf format to boulevard [email protected] by specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for application is February 24, 2017.