Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in Cybersecurity. The selected candidate will carry out research in the field of cybersecurity, work on cybersecurity initiatives in BCAM and collaborate with the Basque Cybersecurity Center.
The postdoctoral candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. J.A. Lozano from the Machine Learning research line at BCAM.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out research in the field of cyber security and participate in applied research projects in the field
- Carry out cyber security initiatives in BCAM
- Collaborate with the Basque Center for Cyber security
- PhD in Computer Science or Telecommunication Engineering
- Strong background in Mathematics
Skills and track-record:
- Knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Ability to analyse data, perform statistical analysis and interpret results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong programming skills
- Ability to read scientific publications and implement algorithms.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
- Good command of spoken and written English
- The gross annual salary of the Fellowship will be 28.000 – 32.000€.
- It will then be on your own responsibility to make your yearly income declaration at the Bizkaia Treasury Agency.
- There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to EUR 2.000 gross.
- Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill in the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
Deadline: 17 September 2018
Open to: applicants with a PhD in Computer Science or Telecommunication Engineering and a strong background in Mathematics
Benefits: gross annual salary of EUR 28.000 – 32.000