BEST courses for students of technology
BEST, Board of European Students of Technology, is a non profit student organisation. It is run by students, working for students. BEST organises different activities where students from member universities get the opportunity to increase their international experience, establish contacts, improve their English and have fun. Each BEST Course is attended by 20-30 students of engineering.
Local BEST groups arrange short (1-2 weeks long) courses throughtout the year, where engineering students get the chance to learn more about a specific topic in their field of interest. BEST also organises seminars on educational issues, engineering competitions and leisure events.
In a learning event participants attend lectures given by the university’s teaching staff or by experts from companies. They visit companies, industrial plants or research centres and sometimes take part in case studies.
- Students of technology from universities with a Local BEST Group;
- Students from universities belonging to partner organisations.
Depending on the situation of the local BEST group, there might be a participation fee:
- The maximum fee is 4 Euro per day (but no more than 45 EUR in total) for students from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, Finland, France, Germany, Sweden and Iceland;
- Students from Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Portugal and Slovakia pay 2/3 of the fee;
- Students from Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland,Russian Federation and Turkey pay 1/3 of the fee;
- Students from FYR Macedonia, Moldova, Bosina and Herzegovina, Romania, Republic of Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine pay no fee.
How to apply?
Choose your activity and follow the instructions. The organising local BEST group receives the applications, and makes a selection on regional aspects, the motivation letter and on the educational background of the applicant. The organisers also aim at having equal number of male and female participants.
Deadline: 19 March 2017 at 23:00 CET (for events between 5 June and 29 August 2017)
For more information please visit the official web page.