According to the Article 55 paragraph 1 of the Act for the Organization and Operation of the State Administration (“Official Gazette” br.58/00, 44/02, 82/08, 167/10 and 51/11), Article 49 of the Law on students standard (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia” no. 15/13, 30/13, 120/13, 41/14, 146/15, 30/16 and 178/16) and Article 1 of the Rulebook on awarding scholarship for foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia (“Official Gazette” br.169/13 and 9/17), the Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, for the academic 2017/2018, at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia (www.uist.edu.mk)
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 22 years old who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programmes:
(1) Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS);
(2) Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
(3) Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA);
(4) Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
(5) Study Program of Digital Business Informatics (DBI)
(6) Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMIR) and
(7) Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture.
One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries: People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, United States of America, Republic of Angola, Republic of Armenia, United Arab Emirates, Republic of Azerbaijan, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Burundi, Republic of Cameroon, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic, Arab Republic of Egypt, Republic of Estonia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Georgia, Republic of Ghana, Hellenic Republic, Republic of Hungary, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, State of Israel, Japan, Republic of Kazakhstan, State of Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Republic of Latvia, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Lithuania, Malaysia, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Kingdom of Morocco, Republic of Namibia, Sultanate of Oman, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Republic of Poland, Portugal, State of Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Republic of Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, United Republic of Tanzania, Kingdom of Thailand, Tunisia, Ukraine, Republic of Uzbekistan, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Republic of Zambia and Organization of American States.
According article 3 from Rulebook on awarding scholarship for foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia, scholarship provides:
• full tuition fees;
• Expenses for issuing and extension of the temporary residence permit to a foreigner for study
• return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
• primary health insurance
• accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm “Nikola Karev” in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia;
• a monthly allowance of 5,000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
The deadline for submission of applications is June 16, 2017
All prospective students should note that the application process will be open until 16.06.2017. Candidates are required to submit an online application, which will be available on the official scholarship web site of the Ministry of Education and Science, www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk from the day when Call is going to be announ or submitted in hard copy, or electronically, to the respective Ministry of Education of the applicant’s home country. All students must send scanned copies of the required documents and the Application form to the following e-mail: [email protected]
To complete the application, the candidates are required to provide electronic copies from the following original documents:
• Application Form
• Official high school diploma or certificate (where applicable);
• Official transcripts;
• Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate for the programme they are applying.
The required evidence may take the form of either:
1. Substantial education (minimum 15 months) conducted in English and undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of enrolment
2. Acceptable English language qualification or test result. The qualification or test results must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrolment.
Accepted results are:
-Grade C or better in English Language at GCSE / GCEO
– Grade C or better in English First Language at IGCSE
-Grade B or better in English Second Language at IGCSE
-An overall band of 6.5 or better in IELTS
-A score of 550 or better in the paper-based TOEFL (213 for computer-based, 80for internet-based)
-Subscores of 550 or better in Critical Reading and 550 or better in Writing in SAT
-Grade 4 or better in the Higher Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 5 or better in the Standard Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 4 or better in the Higher or Standard Level English Language (A1 or A2 Syllabus); or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Text and Performance; or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Literature and Performance (A1 syllabus) at International Baccalaureate
• Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application certified with Apostle Stamp. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
• Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
• An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 4 calendar years;
• In addition, as part of the application, the candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. The candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline. Both letters are confidential. In case they are sent as hard copy documents, they must be sent in a sealed envelope, signed by the originator of the reference across the seal.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
• Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May 31, 2017 may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later than July 31, 2017;
• The selection process will be implemented by a five-member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
• Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The contract will stipulate that the scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of duration of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate;
• The students are encouraged to return to their home country after the completion of their studies;
• Official language of the programmes is English and courses are held by distinguished local and international lecturers;
• Programme Outline and Course Overview are included in the annexes of this Call and are available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle”: http://www.uist.edu.mk/Academics/Bachelors;
• Additional information regarding the University and the programmes is available on the website of the University of Information Science and Technology “Saint Paul the Apostle”: http://www.uist.edu.mk.
• General information about the City of Ohrid, the UNSECO protected city that hosts the University can be found at: http://www.exploringmacedonia.com, www.ohrid.com.mk, www.ohrid.gov.mk.
For all additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Biljana Zafirovska, phone: +389 2 3227 761 and e-mail: [email protected].