Fully Funded IMPRS PhD Positions for International Students in Germany
The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) is proud to offer up to 10 fully funded Ph.D. positions to study in Germany. International students are eligible to apply for these positions.
The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “From Molecules to Organisms” provides excellent interdisciplinary training across the disciplines of structural, molecular, cellular and developmental biology as well as bioinformatics, genomics, and evolutionary biology.
The school’s aim is to endow the next generation of scientists with the knowledge and skills to study complex biological processes, which cannot be adequately understood within the limits of single disciplines, in the context of entire organisms.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should hold, or expect to hold, a degree in natural or computer science from a Masters, Diplom or equivalent program;
- Your current skills and knowledge should match well with your proposed area of doctoral research;
- To start in September 2018, all degree work must be finished by September 1, 2018. Feel free to contact the IMPRS Coordinator for additional information;
- Bachelors-only applicants: In rare cases, exceptionally talented students holding only a Bachelors degree may be admitted to the IMPRS. You should hold a 4-years honors degree, have excellent grades and possess extensive and relevant research experience. In such cases, additional study requirements – to be fulfilled during the first year of IMPRS participation – may be assigned.
- All Ph.D. positions are fully funded, usually through support contracts from the Max Planck Society or equivalent contracts from the University of Tübingen;
- The contracts include complete coverage by the German social security system, as well as health insurance;
- Ph.D. students can expect to have a disposable income of at least EUR 1200 per month;
- Funding is usually awarded for three years in the first instance. Funding will be extended into a fourth year if warranted by the circumstances of the Ph.D. project;
- There are no tuition fees. Enrolment (matriculation) at the University of Tübingen is optional and costs approximately 150 EUR/semester.
How to Apply?
Online application to join in Fall 2018 is now open.
For more information please visit the official website.