Fully Funded PhD Fellowships for International Students in Israel
Bar Ilan University (BIU) is seeking 4 excellent early stage researchers (ESRs) for a 3-year fully funded Ph.D. program in Israel starting between June and October 2018.
The Fellows will benefit not only from leadership by expert research supervisors but also from secondments in academia, policy and health organizations, training and transferable-skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences over the period of their fellowship.
This prestigious program called EuroAgeism is funded under Horizon 2020, MSCA-Innovative training network as international, multidisciplinary, inter-sectorial training program. EuroAgeism is a consortium of high profile universities, research institutions and an NGO that are located in Israel, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Finland, and Sweden.
- An early stage researcher (ESR) is defined as a candidate being in the first four years of his/her research career at the time of the recruitment and does not have a doctoral degree. The research career starts after the degree that enables a student to proceed with a Ph.D. (usually, the Master degree);
- There are no restrictions regarding the nationality of the ESRs and they can come from any nation. Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) in order to participate in training and conduct research when taking up the appointment;
- ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
English Language Requirements: ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
Trainees will be offered a living allowance, mobility allowance and family allowance (if applicable) in line with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Horizon 2020 requirements for ESRs.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please include these documents:
- A cover letter, stating your research motivation and interests; including the relevant background. Up to 1 page;
- A brief outline of a research proposal pertinent to the project chosen up to 1 page;
- CV with a publication list;
- 2 letters of recommendation;
- Master degree documentation- Official documents confirming that you have successfully finished pre-graduate studies and can apply for Ph.D. position;
- Previous scientific experience and the topic of the diploma thesis (or another small research thesis successfully passed before the application);
- All relevant documents confirming your qualifications and English skills (studies in the EuroAgeism program are in English).
For more information, please read the official call.