UCD Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships in Ireland
The University College Dublin is delighted to announce 2 fully-funded 4-year Ph.D. Scholarships in Technology Evolution in Regional Economies (ERC – TechEvo) at the Spatial Dynamics Lab in Ireland. UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The ERC TechEvo project aims to investigate how specific regional knowledge capabilities influence the evolution of local technology trajectories and thus shape geographies of economic prosperity.
University College Dublin is a research university in Dublin, Ireland. It has over 1,482 faculty and 32,000 students, and it is Ireland’s largest university.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and talented candidates with a research Master’s degree in the fields or related disciplines outlined above. We are looking for applicants who have:
- Prior knowledge of and interest in theories of innovation and technological change;
- A strong background in quantitative methodologies and analysis techniques;
- Experience with spatial (econometric) analysis methods and expertise in the analysis of large-scale socio-economic and/or micro-level datasets are considered an asset;
- Programming skills (R, Java, Python, etc.) and previous training in statistical (SPSS, STATA, SAS), spatial (GIS), and Social Network Analysis (UCI, Pajek, Gephi) software environments are desired, but not essential;
- Excellent scientific writing and planning skills;
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English are essential.
- EU/UK Students: EUR 25,000/GBP 22,000 per annum;
- International Students: EUR 31,500/ GBP 28,000 per annum (this includes a fee waiver and an annual stipend of about EUR 18,000/GBP 16,000 per annum).
How to Apply?
To apply, please forward a detailed CV, your university transcripts (BA, MSc, etc.), the names of two references, your master thesis and/or any publications you have authored (a URL or a PDF) along with a letter outlining your motivation for applying for one of these positions (max. 2 pages, single-spaced), to Dr. Kogler at email@example.com. Please e-mail your application by 22 January 2018 at the very latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of January 2018; anticipated start date is May or September, 2018
For more information please visit the official website.