Applications are invited for CEU Doctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. The scholarships cover tuition and medical insurance for up to three years at Central European University.
Central European University is a graduate-level “crossroads” university where faculty and students from more than 100 countries come to engage in interdisciplinary education, pursue advanced scholarship, and address some of the society’s most vexing problems.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting standardized English language test scores. Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university or institution of higher education, or provide documentation indicating that they will earn such a degree before enrollment in a CEU doctoral course of study.
- In exceptional cases, the Department of Cognitive Science will also consider candidates who only hold a bachelor’s degree, provided it is in a discipline closely associated with cognitive science.
- The Department of Mathematics also accepts excellent candidates with a bachelor’s degree only, if they have completed at least four years of university by the time of enrolling, and have a strong mathematical background.
- Students enrolled in a doctoral program at CEU must not be simultaneously enrolled in other institutions of higher education, and are required, at the beginning of their studies at CEU, to sign a declaration to this effect.
The CEU Doctoral Scholarship covers tuition and medical insurance. In addition, recipients are awarded a monthly stipend of 220,000 HUF calculated to cover educational and accommodation costs (Economics and Business Administration PhD students receive a monthly stipend of 250,000 HUF). Students need to budget additionally for travel, recreation, and incidentals.
Below is the list of the documents students needs to prepare or arrange for submission
- Completed CEU Application Form 2017/18
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Records
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Program-Specific Requirements
- Proof of English Proficiency
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: email@example.com.