The Chevening Western Balkans Cyber Security Fellowship is aimed at mid-career professionals with demonstrable leadership potential in the field of cyber security or cyber policy in the Western Balkans.
The fellowship is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The fellowship is delivered at Cranfield University, at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom (Shrivenham Campus).
The fellowship will focus on:
- Cyber threats, including: the threat landscape, threat and risk assessment, the implications for national security, and the relevance of internet governance structures; and the protection of critical national infrastructure;
- The economics of online business, cyber security consumer awareness and consumer protection, technology adoption challenges, the relevance of open source, and effective technology adoption by consumers;
- Cyber-crime and internet law, including the economic impact of cyber-crime, domestic and international approaches to countering cyber-crime, internet law, law enforcement concerns, privacy concerns, the use and abuse of social media, and accountability in cyberspace;
- Relevant issues and challenges particular to the UK and the Western Balkans.
To be eligible for a Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen and currently live in one of the following: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro or Serbia.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Have at least seven years’ relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have significant work experience in cyber security or cyber policy issues, either as a policy formulator, commentator, or academic.
- Have a good working knowledge of English which may be assessed by qualified English language assessor, OR in the application form and at interview.
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from the Western Balkans to the UK.
How to aplly?
For more information please visit the official website.