The CineSpace film competition offers creators around the world a chance to share their films inspired by and using NASA imagery. The contest enables curiosity and fosters creative relationships at the intersection of art and science. Submissions featuring real NASA footage from 60 years of space exploration will be judged on creativity, innovation and attention to detail. This year’s special judging categories include Best Documentary, Best Depiction of 20 Years of Humans on the International Space Station and Best Film Using Exclusively NASA Archival Footage. CineSpace is a joint production of NASA and the Houston Cinema Arts Society. The Houston Cinema Arts Festival will hold a screening of the best films in November 2020.
The Screenings and Competition (hereafter “Competition”) is offered and open only to natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Parents and guardians of filmmakers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf.
The following persons are not eligible to win prizes:
- employees of NASA, Houston Cinema Arts Society (hereafter “HCAS”) and their Board,
- employees of vendors to NASA or HCAS that have contracted to provide services to or in connection with the Competition,
- members of the Selection Committee, the Competition judges, and members of the households of the foregoing persons (collectively, the “Competition Parties”).
However, if they would like to submit videos for viewing and possible inclusion as finalists, individuals affiliated with NASA should contact Dan Jacobs at [email protected], and individuals affiliated with HCAS should contact Vicky Wight at [email protected] for more information or to discuss the details. NASA contractors may submit under certain circumstances.
General Competition Awards:
- Grand Prize: USD 10,000
- Second Prize: USD 5,000
- Third Prize: USD 3,000
Special Categories & Awards
- Best Documentary: USD 3,000
- Film that best celebrates 20 Years of Humans on the International Space Station: USD 4,000
- Best Film Using Exclusively NASA Archival Footage: USD 1,000
All Finalists will be “CineSpace 2020 Finalists” and their works will screen at Houston Cinema Arts Festival November 12-16, 2020. The Finalists’ works will also be posted on the HCAS website and various NASA websites. Subsequent screenings may take place at special events throughout the remaining year and a compilation of the finalists may be submitted for screening in its entirety to other collaborating film festivals internationally. All Finalists will be notified of website posts and all screenings.
How to apply?
For more information, visit the official website.
Sourse: Mladi Info