EKOenergy is network of environmental not-for-profit organisations and they promote sustainable renewable energy. The network manages the EKOenergy label, the only international label for renewable electricity. For each MWh of EKOenergy-certified electricity, at least EUR 0,10 goes to EKOenergy’s Climate Fund.
The money of the Climate Fund will be used to finance small renewable electricity projects aiming at alleviation of energy poverty in poor countries and regions. The projects will be financed in 2017 and 2018.
Please briefly refer to the following aspects
- Ownership of the project and impact on local community;
- Project long term sustainability and proposed auditing process;
- Environmental integration and environmental sustainability of project;
- Innovative technical, social and economic aspects of project;
- How will the project be followed up after the installation.
If possible, illustrate with concrete examples of earlier or similar projects.
Following elements are important for the applicants:
- Communication: preferably an organization with a good website in several languages (and at least in English) – because most of EKOenergy’s sales happen in Europe, clear links with European organisations are an asset;
- Experience: preferably having five years of experience with energy projects in poor areas;
- Preferably experience with projects that are being co-financed by public authorities (accredited NGO or demonstrable experience);
- Having a transparent and audited bookkeeping;
- Preferably having experience with fundraising;
- Preferably offering opportunities for a long time collaboration with EKOenergy;
- Organisations with an active communication and fundraising policy.
The contribution for the projects is between EUR 10,000 to 100,000.
How to apply?
To submit a project proposal, please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 30 September 2016.
- About yourself;
- About the project(s);
For more information, please visit the official website.