Summer Call 2017 at Institute of Molecular Biology
The Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) is offering PhD Position to study in Germany. International applicants can apply for this position.
The Group Leader in whose lab you are based will act as your mentor and provide advice and guidance to ensure that you receive training in both the scientific skills and the creative and critical thinking abilities that you will need for your research and personal development as a scientist. The scientists at IMB primarily conduct basic science in developmental biology, epigenetics, and DNA repair.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the position:
- The IPP wants to attract the brightest minds from all over the world;
- Creative and ambitious students in the field of life sciences who are looking for challenging work at the cutting edge of science;
- The student community currently consists of more than 100 PhD students from 23 different countries. Each call we receive more than 500 applications from students all over the world, for approximately 10 – 12 positions;
- Applicant must have their previous degree;
- Be fluent in English, which is our working language in the IPP;
- International applicants can apply for this position.
A scholarship will be awarded for the duration of 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply via email
- Register online to provide your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute;
- These referees should know you well;
- Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted;
- The applications until 2 reference letters are received will not be considered. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in advance of registering to inform them of your intention to apply to the IPP, and to confirm that they are able to provide a reference by the specified deadline.
More information on the official website.