Doctoral Scholarships at University of Greifswald in Germany
The University of Greifswald is currently acceptance made for two new scholarships funded by the state graduate funding programme and three applications for a total of five doctoral scholarships for summer semester 2018. Applications can new Bogislaw scholarships funded by the corporate budget.
Every semester, the University of Greifswald awards scholarships to particularly highly-qualified junior academics preparing to do their doctorates.
The University of Greifswald is one of the oldest universities in Germany and the Baltic Sea Region. The University of Greifswald is a research university. Its research strength mainly originates in the intensive interdisciplinary collaboration of the five faculties, including University Medicine. Cutting-edge research evolves in close collaboration with regional, national and international research partners and is based on the solid foundation provided by an excellent research infrastructure.
- Successfully completed university degree with well above average marks, which qualifies the student for commencing doctoral studies;
- Acceptance as a doctoral candidate at the relevant faculty and academic supervision from two professors at the University of Greifswald, or one of the tertiary education institutions belonging to the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and enrolment as a doctoral student;
- The planned scientific project must be expected to make an important contribution to research or contribution to the improvement of the industrial competitiveness of the State.
State Graduate Funding from State Funds for summer Semester 2018
- The basic scholarship amounts to 1,100.00 Euros. If students fulfill the corresponding requirements, they may receive a family supplement of 150.00 Euros for the first child and 100.00 Euros for every other child.
How to Apply?
The following documents must be submitted in both written and electronic (PDF) form (one copy each):
- Application form;
- Tabular curriculum vitae CV;
- Legally attested copy of university certificate;
- If applicable, list of marks or proof of other academic achievements;
- Description of project/concept;
- Supervisor’s assessment;
- Second assessment from a further member of University teaching staff (professor);
- Confirmation of acceptance as a doctoral candidate;
- Proof of enrolment as a doctoral student;
- If applicable, birth certificates of children and request form for a family supplement.
For more information please visit the official website.