University of Pardubice PhD Scholarships
The Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value, as part of the Department of Philosophy at the University of Pardubice, invites applications for its fully funded PhD programme in Philosophy. The Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value, as part of the Department of Philosophy at the University of Pardubice, is pleased to offer Fully Funded PhD Scholarships with the CE to study in the Czech Republic.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants will ordinarily have a Master’s degree in Philosophy. In exceptional cases the admission committee can accept Master’s level graduation in another discipline but only if the relevance can be shown. Applicants are required to attach certified documents concerning their university education, including an academic transcript, to the application form. In exceptional cases where an applicant is due to graduate after the deadline for submitting applications, these documents must be submitted earliest possible. All required documents which are not originally in Czech, English or Latin must be translated into one of these languages and the translation must also be certified;
- All applicants must have a good grasp of spoken and written academic English. The admission interview will be conducted in English;
- The applicants should submit a Research Proposal (1500-2000 words) outlining their future doctoral dissertation. It should formulate a clear research problem, and proposed the methodology, as well as the basic sources and bibliography relevant to the topic. (The bibliography is not included in the word count.) It is advisable that the applicants explain their prior acquaintance with the subject. They can also attach the list of their own publication or presentation activities.
This is a fully funded scholarship. To its PhD students, it offers an inspiring environment, support for living costs, funding opportunities for travel, and the opportunity to engage in the philosophical work of the Centre, including participation in conferences, workshops, and seminars.
How to Apply?
Documents and information to be submitted with the application form:
- Certified copy of Master’s diploma;
- Academic transcript;
- Names and contact details of two academic referees;
- Name of the preferred supervisor;
- Research Proposal;
- (Optional) A list of publications and presentations.
For more information please check the official newsletter.