PhD Scholarships at University of Trieste’s Department of Physics
University of Trieste’s Graduate Program in Physics is currently accepting applications for its 13 Ph.D. Scholarships one of which is funded by ICTP for applicants from developing countries for a 2017-2018 academic year. For more than 50 years, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
University of Trieste’s Department of Physics offers five lines of research, including:
- Condensed Matter Physics;
- Medical Physics and Biophysics;
- Nuclear and sub-nuclear Physics;
- Theoretical Physics.
- Eligible candidates must hold an academic qualification, which can be considered to be equivalent – in terms of duration, level, and disciplinary field – to the Italian degree which allows undertaking Ph.D. studies in Italy;
- The candidate must hold the degree by September 30, 2017 (or by October 31, 2017, in the case of an Italian degree);
- Applicants must have their previous degree;
- Adequate proficiency in English language is required;
- Scholarships are open to students graduated in foreign universities;
- Applicants from Developing Countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program:
- Thirteen PhD scholarships are available, one of which is funded by ICTP for applicants from developing countries
- The PhD scholarship is paid in monthly instalments for a total annual amount of EUR 13,638.47, gross of national insurance contributions to be paid by the student. The said amount may be increased by a maximum of 50% for a total period abroad that cannot exceed the maximum number of months (over three years) as indicated in the “Overview” sheets. Different conditions may apply for scholarships funded by third-party institutions. However, any scholarship increase can be granted only for uninterrupted stays abroad of at least sixty days.
How to Apply?
Please find here the Application form.
For more information please visit the official website.