Monash Warwick Joint PhD Scholarships in UK
Applications for the Monash Warwick Joint PhD Scholarships to be considered for 2018/19 entry are now open. Scholarships are open to all students in any discipline applying to Warwick for the Alliance Joint Ph.D.
The Monash Warwick Alliance is an innovative partnership with a breadth, scale, and impact beyond standard practice in the sector. The Alliance joint Ph.D. is part of our commitment to developing a successor generation of internationally experienced young researchers.
- Applicants for a Monash Warwick Alliance (Warwick) Scholarship must also be applying to Warwick for a Monash Warwick Joint PhD to begin in Autumn 2018. Students currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or MPhil/ Ph.D. at the University of Warwick will not be eligible to apply;
- There are no nationality criteria and applicants may be from any discipline;
- You must have already applied for admission to Warwick for a Monash Warwick Joint Ph.D. before you can apply to be considered for the scholarship (see timeline below).
For 2018/19 entry there will be 3 scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding Ph.D. applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2018 will include the following:
- The full payment of fees (worth up to GBP 21,770 at 18/19 rates);
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates for the two years spent at Warwick (provisional £14,800 for full-time award holder in 2018/19), and in line with Australian government rates for the year spent at Monash;
- Travel allowance of GBP 2000 during the lifetime of the Ph.D.;
- Length of funding: 3 years.
How to Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to read the ranking criteria before submitting an application. Within the scholarship application form, applicants will be required to answer the following questions:
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors “Person and Preparedness”
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors “Project and Place”
- What do added value you hope a joint Ph.D. will bring to you as opposed to you pursuing a single degree at either university?
- How do the two research groups you hope to work in compliment each other in view of your project?
For more information please visit the official website.