Abstracts submission for the 12th Silk Road Conference is open now!
Deadline: 25 April, 2017
Open to: local as well as international participants
Venue: 19– 20 May 2017 at International Black Sea University, Georgia
On behalf of International Black Sea University and Silk Road Research Scientific Institute along with Iv.Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgian Technical University, Sokhumi State University, A.Tsereteli Kutaisi State University, Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University and Ilia State University organizing committee would like to invite you to the 12th International Conference on Contemporary Challenges of Democracy and Human Rights through Politics and Security which will be held on May 19-20 2017 at International Black Sea University and Tbilisi State University.The
12th Silk Road International Conference Contemporary Challenges of Democracy and Human Rights through Politics and Security aims to:
- Bring together prominent scholars, practitioners and decision-makers, human right activist, magistrates, lawmakers, diplomats, journalist from Georgia and anywhere around the world to communicate and discuss research findings in the fields of International Law, democracy, and Human Rights in Politics and Security.
- Raise knowledge and awareness of the society about International Law, Democracy, and Human Rights and shine a spotlight on the challanges that human rights, democracy and rule of law face.
Keynote speakers of the conference are:
- Prof.Dr. Gerd Morgenthaler Professor of Public Law, University of Siegen(Germany)
- Professor Kathleen E. Mahoney QC- Professor at the University of Calgary, faculty of law (Canada)
- Prof. Dr. Joan Lluís Pérez Francesch-Department of Public Law and Political Sciences, Head of Constitutional Law Department, Autonomous University of Barcelona(Spain)
- Prof. Dr. Fernando Peña López-Professor at University of a Coruña, School of Law (Spain)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vasil Gonashvili – Member of The State Constitutional Commission, Proffessor of Law.
Working languages: English, Georgian
- The conference is open to local as well as international participants.
- Applicants must be at least MA students;
Conference is free of charge. Applicants are expected to cover their travel and accommodation expenses.
Applicants willing to participate in the conference are asked to:
- Register online using our application system;
- Submit an abstract by April 25, 2017 to the organizing committee;
- If selected, submit a final draft to the organizing committee by May 2, 2017.
If you have any questions, check the or write to: [email protected].