The Other Half of Communism: Women’s Outlook
This call for papers seeks contributors for the eighth issue of the scientific journal History of Communism in Europe, no. 8/2017: The Other Half of Communism: Women’s Outlook on the gendered histories of European communisms. This issue looks to include the most recent scholarship on women and their intricate relations with the Communist parties in Europe, during the XX century.
Contributions from different fields of research are welcome: history, political science, philosophy, sociology, gender studies or any other related areas of interest, addressed from an interdisciplinary perspective.
Topics may address (but are not limited to) the following aspects:
- Communist ideology and women in society – practice and discourse;
- Collective and/or individual biographies;
- State intrusion and the body politics;
- Empowerment and disempowerment;
- Women organizations – national and international: programs, attributions, activities, relations between the organizations and/or between the organizations and the states;
- Labor, new jobs, women in industry; women in Academia, women in Politics etc.;
- Dissent and/or collaboration in totalitarian regimes of the XX century Europe;
- State feminism;
- Socialist feminists;
- Women in the opposition movements: partisans and anti-communist resistance;
- European Communist women organizations and the Global South;
- Women and Eurocommunism.
How to Apply?
Contributors are kindly asked to write abstracts (English or French) that do not exceed 500 words.
Deadline: 1st of March 2017.
Selected authors will be notified by the 10th of March 2017.
The deadline for the final draft of the paper is the 15th of June 2017.
More information in the official call.