The Thomson Reuters Foundation is seeking applications for its 2017 ‘Economic and Political Reporting from Southeast Europe’ programme. The programme is run by skilled ex-Reuters journalists who will cover the following topics:
- Writing about emerging market economies;
- Markets reporting and covering companies;
- Practical exercises based on current European themes.
The programme is made up of two parts: 2 weeks in London from the 23rd April to 5th May and 2 weeks in Berlin from the 2nd to 16th September. Participants will be expected to attend both parts of the programme.
- Applicants must be fluent in English or full-time professional journalists who have been working for at least two years with a recognised publication, website, radio or television station;
- Applications from freelance journalists will also be accepted;
- Applicants must have a portfolio that includes experience in economic journalism or must otherwise demonstrate a strong interest in economic and political issues;
- Applying journalists must be citizens below mentioned countries. They must have permission from their employer to take part in the programme.
- Eligible Countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia or Turkey.
The course fees, flights, accommodation and living expenses will be covered for the duration of the programme.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
– A short biography of no more than 200 words;
– A story of the state of your national economy;
– A statement of between 250 and 500 words describing any factors affecting your work as a journalist. Explain how you hope to benefit from the course for which you are applying;
– Two recent examples of your published work, preferably relevant to the course for which you are applying, with a brief summary in English (if necessary). TV/Radio journalists can send in their scripts and a brief summary.