One Year Paid Internship with the Red Cross
Every year, thousands of family members are separated by migration, conflicts, or disasters. People suffer terribly when they lose contact with their loved ones and don’t know where they are or whether they are safe.
The International Committee of the Red Cross and National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies work together around the world to locate people, maintain and restore contact between family members, reunite unaccompanied and separated children with their families, and seek to clarify the fate of those who remain missing.
The post holders contribute to the work of the Central Tracing Agency and Protection Division on questions related to Restoring Family Links (RFL) and Missing Persons, under the supervision of the Head of the RFL_Missing Unit and under the technical supervision of the RFL and Missing Advisors.
- Public Communication Related to the RFL & MISSING Files;
- Research and Writing on Thematic Developments in RFL/MISSING Files;
- Operations of the RFL/MISSING Unit.
- Master’s Degree (ideally in communications, digital communication, social sciences, law, political science, international relation and /or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action);
- Ability to draft documents with short deadlines;
- Experience or skills in information management, particularly for internet/intranet/extranet purposes;
- Previous experience with a National Red Cross or Red Crescent Society, international organizations, or an NGO;
- Strong research and writing abilities, with the focus to invest in a long-term project;
- Experience in event planning and organization, especially in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written (working proficiency in French or Spanish an advantage);
- A team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Interest in humanitarian action and the ICRC;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral);
- Good level of autonomy and time management;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Maximum professional experience (including internships/fellowships): 2 years.
Remuneration and benefits
- The recruited candidate will be offered a one-year contract;
- The position is remunerated and based in Geneva.
How to apply?