Europe on Track IV: Mind The Gap
Have you ever wished to just drop everything and jump on a train? Are you passionate about society and eager to explore other countries to find out what people actually think?
AEGEE, one of the biggest european student organizations, is looking for 6 young, enthusiastic and proactive people willing to go on a one-month adventure across Europe. In collaboration with InterRail and the European Citizens’ Initiative ‘More than Education'(ECI), the Ambassadors will enquire about the current status of civic education in the different countries they are going to visit and address, through discussions and workshops, young people’s realities, aspirations and visions for the future of Europe.
The trip will start after a kick-off conference in Budapest taking place from the 21st to the 23rd of April, organised in collaboration with AEGEE-Budapest, the Association des Amis de Franck Biancheri and the Civic Education Working Group. The journey will finish on the 23d of May at Agora Enschede 2017.
There will be two teams travelling through two different routes, each of them will be composed of a writer/interviewer, a photographer and a videomaker.
- Being between 18 and 30 years old, as of April 17, 2017;
- Being active in a (international) student organization or non-profit organisation with a civic education-related mission;
- Feeling strong ties to Europe;
- Being able to talk and work with people of different ages and cultures;
- Have consistent travel experience and an international mindset;
- Being responsible and reliable;
- Have a can-do and up-for-anything attitude;
- Being resistant to stress and physical fatigue;
- Being able to take initiative;
- Have an open mind.
- 1st Class Global Interrail Ticket;
- Pocket money of approximately 300 EUR.
How to apply?
More information on the application process can be found here.