“European Instrument for Democracy & Human Rights Israel”
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a programme entitled “European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) Israel 2016-2017” in order to the promotion and protection of human rights in line with international and domestic standards and obligations and to the upholding of democratic principles.
- Reinforcing respect and protection of fundamental freedoms;
- Advancing the rights of persons belonging to minorities and persons affected by discriminations within Israel;
- Reinforcing respect for international humanitarian law and human rights in the occupied Palestinian Territory.
- Legal persons;
- Civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community based organisations, universities and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations, and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level;
- Public sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national, regional, and international level;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
- No nationality restriction applies to applicants and, if any, to co-applicants and affiliated entities;
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations;
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations;
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
The grant is between EUR 150,000 and EUR 300,000.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application. Deadline for submitting the grant proposals is 17 March 2017.
For more information visit the official page.