United Nations IOM’s Global Migration Film Festival 2018
The United Nations International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Global Migration Film Festival 2018 is open for entries. Professional and emerging filmmakers are invited to submit films about the promise and challenges of migration. The Festival focuses on the challenges and promises of migration, and the unique contributions migrants make to their new communities.
A committee of international film professionals will select a number of outstanding productions to be screened for a diverse audience: thousands of people in almost 100 countries. The screenings will take place in varied locales, from cinemas to concert halls, and even impromptu settings in hard to reach areas and along popular migration routes such as the trans-Sahara corridor.
The goal of the Festival is to pave the way for greater discussion around one of the greatest phenomena of our time: migration. Furthermore, it is an innovative avenue for normalizing discussions of migration through storytelling, and an advocacy tool that can draw attention to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), thus helping all nations as they work to meet them.
- Professional and emerging filmmakers working in all genres are invited to submit original films, to be screened around the world during IOM’s Global Migration Film Festival;
- Films that tackle negative perceptions of migrants, defy stereotypes and portray positive and welcoming actions by and toward migrants are encouraged;
- Only films submitted through the festival’s designated platform, FilmFreeway, will be considered;
- Films may only be submitted by individuals with the legal right to negotiate the use of the work;
- Films of all genres (feature, documentary, animation, etc.) and lengths will be accepted;
- Films completed on or after January 1, 2015, are eligible for consideration;
- Films should be in English or subtitled in English. Subtitles are encouraged, even if the dialogue is in English, to ensure maximum comprehension for global audiences;
- Films in other languages are encouraged but must have subtitles in English.
- Full-length features – to be part of the official selection of the Global Migration Film Festival. The best film selected by an International Jury receives a 1,000 US cash prize;
- Short Films – to be part of the official selection of the Global Migration Film Festival. The best film selected by an International Jury receives 500 US cash prize;
- Other prizes will be announced later this year.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please submit your film here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
Објавата е преземена целосно од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/05/25/united-nations-ioms-global-migration-film-festival-2018/#ixzz5IPOewYx0