Grants for Civil Society Organizations
ACTION SEE – Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in SEE announces a Request for Applications: Grants for Civil Society Organizations. It will provide support for targeted advocacy campaigns and policy initiatives that will contribute to achieving the following overall ACTION SEE objectives:
- Enhancing the involvement of civil society and media organisations in the creation of public opinion, policymaking and participation in the decision-making mechanisms;
- Increasing capacities of civil society to build its constituencies and tackle bold issues.
The initiatives supported by the Small Grants Scheme are expected to focus on tackling rule of law and good governance issues, in particular anti-corruption, transparency, and access to information, data protection and use of public funds, within the following targeted areas:
- Free Access to Public Information Act (Freedom of Information – FOI);
- Financing of political parties;
- Corrupt Public Procurement Practices;
- Bribery Practices;
- Privacy and Security;
- Election-related concerns;
- Breach of Duty;
- Civil society organizations to promote good governance and rule of law through a grant scheme;
- 25-30 small grants to CSOs from Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo (5-6 grants per country);
- The grants will target primarily smaller CSOs in order to provide a learning experience and help them build their capacities to fundraise and subsequently participate in grant calls by the EU and other donors. Furthermore, partnership with at least one media will be required.
Through the following two types of grants, in the range between EUR 6.000 to EUR 8.000 per grant:
- Support to local CSOs to perform initiatives within one country;
- Support to CSOs to perform initiatives between two or more countries from the region.
How to apply?
The full description of the call, as well as the application forms can be found at the following links:
- Call to support the actions of networks of civil society organizations (Updated version 23.12.2016: Audit report – optional for organizations with above 30.000 EUR annual turnover; One organization can apply with only one project application as a lead applicant.)
- Application Form;
- Budget Form;
- Implementation Timeframe Form.
Deadline for submission of complete applications: January 15, 2017 at 16:00 hrs, exclusively by the online application form. Application forms must be completed using the English language.