Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography 2018
The Getty Images Reportage Grant continues the tradition of the Editorial Grants program, which, from its founding in 2004, has supported independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them.
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience. Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, the project’s merit and professional ability.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and presently engaged as a professional photojournalist;
- A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography;
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams;
- Getty Images employees may not apply;
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible;
- By submitting an application, applicant certifies that he or she is eligible to apply for the grant and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 15,000 USD prize (three available);
- Winners will be announced in September;
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners;
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review ;
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout your project.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, register here.
- 500-word summary of the project proposal;
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done;
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images;
- Specific uploading instructions will be made available on April 1;
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically.
Објавата е преземена целосно од: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2018/04/06/getty-images-grants-editorial-photography-2-2/#ixzz5Eu6LFao0