Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious ”Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honors young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognized for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Enrollment in a master’s or Ph.D. programme or a degree (master’s/ Ph.D.) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process;
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach;
- Proven excellent command of English;
- Significantly above-average grades;
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not< eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary);
No exceptions to these requirements can be accepted. Ineligible applications will automatically be disqualified.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists who are active in the field of sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
When selected as a “Green Talent”, you will be invited to a two-week Science Forum in Germany (which takes place in October). This means that the BMBF will cover:
- your travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip);
- as well as your meals and accommodation during the Science Forum.
Costs for health insurance and visa fees cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants.
They will cover return flights to Germany and also provide a monthly allowance when you return in 2019 for your research stay. This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food and your daily needs. It is not intended to support your research.
Applications can only be submitted via an online tool. Documents that are sent to us by email cannot be accepted. Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the deadline.
If you have any questions, check the FAQ section or write to: email@example.com.