IMANA Convention Essay Competition
IMANA invites pre-medical students, medical students, residents and fellows to participate in an Islamic medicine Essay Competition to recognise the significant contributions made by Muslim physicians and scientists and learn about its profound influence.
Open to all pre-medical students, current medical students (with certification from their medical school confirming their continued medical school enrollment), residents, and fellows. Premedical students will be judged separately.
Winners are invited to present their essay at the 2017 IMANA Convention on the Mediterranean cruise.
- 1st place – Essayist receives a cash prize of USD 1,000 and essay to be published in the bi-annual IMANA newsletter;
- 2nd place – Essayist receives a cash prize of USD 500 and essay to be published in the bi-annual IMANA newsletter;
- 3rd place – The essay will be published in the bi-annual IMANA newsletter.
How to Apply?
- Applicant should submit original research;
- Not been previously published or be under consideration by another journal/publication;
- File format: Microsoft Word (e.g. .doc, .docx);
- Single-spaced text and 12-point font;
- References should be listed at the end of the essay and marked with a subscript in the essay text;
- Word limit 1,000 words.
For more information please visit the official web page.