Co-Create and Shake it Up! – Diaspora School in Kosovo
The Diaspora School in Kosovo (DSK) is an innovative project which brings together young professionals (age 18-35) from Kosovo, the Diaspora and the Western Balkans region to connect, share knowledge, and create community solutions that address pressing issues at a local level. The designed multidisciplinary diaspora school will bring together 50 participants (25 from Diaspora/WB Region and 25 living in Kosovo) to work together on developing tangible projects that have impact in local communities. Specifically, this project aims to facilitate the exchange and co-creation of ideas between Diaspora professionals and their Kosovo counterparts in the areas with the most potential impact on local economic growth, while providing innovative and cost-effective solutions. In turn, the experience, knowledge exchange and technology transfer will allow young professionals who participate in the event to expand their professional networks.
- Innovation in Business;
- Community Engagement;
- Innovation in Education;
- Innovation in Culture & Tourism;
- Public Services.
We are looking for young professionals who:
- Love being creative to find cost-effective and practical solutions to local needs;
- Thrive in a team – going the extra mile is a walk in the park for you!;
- Are 18 to 35 years of age, from Kosovo, the Diaspora, and the Western Balkans Region
- Have a working knowledge of English
- Have potential to drive social change in the local communities and be an active player in its implementation
- Develop deeper understanding of issues local communities of Prizren and Malisheva face;
- Work in teams to create, develop, pitch and implement a project;
- Improve their teamwork, communication and presentation skills;
- Expand their professional network.
- Accommodation, meals and local transportation will be provided by the organizers;
- Travel to Prizren by bus will be organized from Prishtina;
- Travel to and from departing cities is participants’ own responsibility.
Diaspora young professionals who can’t afford to travel to Kosovo will be reimbursed for the ticket purchased;
- The DSK is free of cost for all participants.
How to Apply?
The call for the Diaspora School Kosovo 2017 is now open. All interested candidates should complete the following application from HERE.
The application must be submitted by 27 September 2017, before 23:59 Central European Time.
Successful applicants will be informed via email no longer than October 1 st 2017. However, please note that you could be informed before, taken into account that the evaluation of applications will take.
For further information please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official website.