International Consulting Company Asghar Consultants is looking for Economist based in our office in Skopje.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy.
- Forecast production and consumption of renewable resources and supply, consumption and depletion of non-renewable resources.
- Study economic and statistical data in area of specialization, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- Formulate recommendations, policies, or plans to solve economic problems or to interpret markets.
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other employers.
- Supervise research projects and students’ study projects.
- Teach theories, principles, and methods of economics.
- Testify at regulatory or legislative hearings concerning the estimated effects of changes in legislation or public policy and present recommendations based on cost-benefit analyses.
- Research and analyze economic issues
- Conduct surveys and collect data
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results
- Interpret and forecast market trends
- Advise businesses, governments, and individuals on economic topics
- Design policies or make recommendations for solving economic problems
- Write articles for publication in academic journals and other media sources
- Delivering numerous oral and visual presentations, which non-economist audiences must be able to understand thoroughly in order to inform decisions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in relevant field.
- Familiar with customs clearance procedures and import & export business.
- Well-developed research skills including the ability to extract and analyze relevant data to make sound judgments.
- Skill with statistical information.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to convey complex ideas to people with varying levels of economic expertise.
- The ability to build productive working relationships and work within a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work alone under pressure, often to tight deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to juggle and priorities different tasks.
- A genuine interest in economics.
- Self-reliance and motivation.
- Good IT skills.
The company offers
- Work in international environment, contacts with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- There is available 2 job openings.
- Employment contract for 3 months period. Extendable as permanent after probation period.
- Salary between 20.000 to 30.000 MKD, according to experience.
- Working hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, as the workload can be uneven, hours may be longer and less predictable. Part-time work, flexible working and job-sharing may be possible, particularly for those working in the Civil Service.
If you are interested in this job position please send us your CV at [email protected] no later than 02.05.2017