The International Green Gown Awards recognizes exceptional sustainability initiatives undertaken by the world’s universities and colleges, putting every learning institution at the heart of delivering the UN Global Goals. In this year’s edition, the International Green Gown Awards is looking for inspirational sustainability leaders. It is co-hosted by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), L’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and International Association of Universities (IAU) and endorsed by UN Environment.
All categories are open to any tertiary education establishment – including all post-16 years old educational institutions such as colleges, universities and learning and skills institutions globally. There are three categories in which an institution can apply:
This category captures the powerful and innovative ways education institutions are realizing their purpose in today’s society to benefit the lives of individuals, communities and wider society.
This category reflects that students and staff must work together to achieve goals using “top-down” and “bottom-up grassroots” methods to achieve maximum understanding and engagement across an institution.
Sustainability Institution of the Year
This category recognizes sustained, whole-institution commitment and impact to become a sustainable organization.
To improve economic and social responsibility and environmental performance through a whole institution approach strategic sustainability activities through four main areas must be achieved:
– Leadership and Governance;
– Estates and Operations;
– Learning, Teaching and Research;
– Partnership and Engagement.
If your region already has an existing Green Gown Awards programme then you can only apply once to your regional Green Gown Award programme and are NOT eligible to apply for the International Green Gown Awards. If your institution has a campus outside of these regions then the regional campus initiatives are eligible for entry.
Applying for an International Green Gown Award will not only motivate your team, management and students but it will inspire others in the sector to do more and opens the doors to new opportunities:
– Acknowledging your team’s efforts – engage your staff and students
– Raising your profile and showcase your sustainability excellence via events, case studies and videos
– Helping to gain recognition from senior management
– Obtaining regional and international recognition
– Joining a network of exceptional institutions with year-long promotion for your institution
– Winning an International Green Gown Award will bring huge awareness and positive press to not only your institution as a whole but also to the profile of sustainability within it.
How to apply?
There is no limit on the number of applications or categories each institution can enter. Entry is free of charge. Applications are only likely to be successful if they provide considerable quantitative evidence on the nature of the improvements made and also demonstrate a causal relationship between activities undertaken and improvements achieved based on the four areas. Initiatives must have been running for at least five years.
Applications must be completed in English covering the following topics in your application:
– Cover Page – General Information
– Sustainability Development Goals (SDG)
– Project Title and Summary
– Organizational Profile
– The Initiative
– The Environmental and Social Benefits
– Leadership and Engagement
– Wider Societal Impact
– Graduate Employer Impact
Project must not exceed the 4 pages limit, plus 1 page cover (so 5 pages in total).
No background material or appendices etc. will be accepted and examined, so please do not send this.
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.
Read more: http://www.mladiinfo.eu/2019/03/08/international-green-gown-awards/#ixzz5hs5ylWYg