21st Japan Media Arts Festival 2018
The 21st Japan Media Arts Festival will present selected works featuring a wide range of styles, genres and forms of expression, as well as materials documenting the lifetime accomplishments of Special Achievement Award winners.
The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of Media Arts (Japanese: Media Geijutsu) that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media – from animation and comics to media art and games. The festival gives awards in each of its four divisions: Art, Entertainment, Animation, and Manga. It also provides a platform for appreciation of the Award-winning and other notable works. Since its inception in 1997, the festival has recognized significant works of high artistry and creativity, and in addition to a yearly Exhibition of Award-winning Works has held other events, such as symposiums, screenings, and showcases.
- Works must be completed or released between Saturday, September 10, 2017 and Thursday, October 5, 2017;
- Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry;
- While an unlimited number of entries may be made, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions;
- The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained;
- Each entrant must read, understand and accept the Rules and Regulations before submission;
- By submitting their work, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
- The festival program will include: Symposia, Artists’ talks, Workshops;
- The festival gives awards in each of its four divisions: Art, Entertainment, Animation, and Manga;
- It also provides a platform for appreciation of the Award-winning and other notable works.
How to apply?
Applicants must follow the instructions of the online application.
For more information please visit the official website.