MediaTech Support is a new start-up company offering support and multimedia services to independent editorial teams working for the world’s leading English-language media.
Located in Skopje, Macedonia, we already have an established relationship with our clients who are engaged in generating independent news for international publications.
We offer multimedia services and content ranging from pictures and video through to news items. We also offer related services such as IT support, cuttings and graphic design.
We have a team of qualified professionals to support the journalistic and editorial work of our clients and our team is growing all the time.
Looking to expand our team further, we are searching for motivated candidates to fill the following position: Journalist (specify your language)
Details about the position / responsibilities: The journalist will initially be employed locally in Skopje to monitor news media from a corresponding region. This might be material from press releases, or searching the Internet for potential news stories. Articles are written on a wide variety of topics ranging from general news to domestic affairs, politics, sports and society. The journalist is able to convert different sources of information into an article suitable for a British audience, and has the necessary understanding of the specified region and language they are covering to explain events to a newspaper audience. They need to pay attention to detail, accuracy, and be able to distinguish facts from unverified claims, as well as main issues from side issues.
Skills needed / requirements:
– Interest in the news business.
– Fluency in English as a must
– Strong internet browsing skills, an eye for detail and a critical mind.
– The successful candidate should be able to work both independently and to cooperate on tasks with a variety of other people on our online news desk.
– Journalistic experience or knowledge of multiple languages are a plus but not necessary if the candidate is enthusiastic about learning.
– Learn from professionals.
– Work with a team of highly motivated individuals.
– Opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge, to make a difference and to have your say.
– Use your own imagination and help with your own words to deliver a message to the world.
– Explore and research subjects of interest.
– Friendly working environment.
If you find this opportunity interesting, have the skills and most of all, want to be part of an organisation that gives you the opportunity to make an impact in the journalism world, please submit your up-to-date CV (in English) to: [email protected], with the subject line “Journalist (specify your language)”.