King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate research university of science and technology renowned by global benchmarks. KAUST advances science and technology through distinctive and collaborative research, integrated with graduate education and it is a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in Saudi Arabia and the world. The KAUST Fellowship is the general scholarship program of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
- KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System);
- A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
All admitted students receive the benefits of the KAUST Fellowship which support students for the duration of their graduate studies. The benefits of the KAUST Fellowship include:
- Full tuition support;
- Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs);
- Medical and dental coverage*;
- Relocation support.
*Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online. There are six components to the KAUST Fellowship application, including:
- Statement of purpose;
- Curriculum vitae (CV);
- University provided official copy of Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended. A scan of the transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application form along with the certified English translation;
- Transcripts must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the on-boarding process) in a sealed envelope by post;
- Three letters of recommendation.
You can also contact the Office of Admissions at: [email protected]