The KOKUYO Design Award is an international competition that aims to commercialize excellent product designs from the user ‘s perspective by collecting them from a wide range of users .
Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes
The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
1. Persons able to make a presentation at final judging (secondary judging) in Tokyo. (March 13, 2021)
* The contest organizer will pay expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging
(up to two individuals for group entries).
2. Those who consent to these Rules.
* In cases when an entrant is a minor, the consent of their parent or other statutory agent is required.
NUMBER OF SUBMISSION ALLOWED
* Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries)
Grand Prix (one winner): ¥2,000,000 (about $18,000)
Merit Award (three winners): ¥500,000 (about $4,500) per winner
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details, please visit the official website.