The Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017
The Turkey Europe Future Forum is a project of the Mercator Program Center for International Affairs (MPC) in cooperation with TUSIAD and “Turkey: Culture of Change Initiative” (TCCI). It is funded by Stiftung Mercator and advised by the ECFR.
Since 2015, The Turkey Europe Future Forum has been bringing together dedicated young leaders from Turkey and Europe for intensive dialogue in Turkey, Germany and other European countries.
The Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017 will take place from 2 to 9 July on the topic ‘Reflecting Change’ in Izmir and Istanbul (the locations might be subject to change depending on the conditions). Democracy, for a long time was believed to be the most wanted and valued form of government, but is currently coming under fire in many European countries as well as in Turkey. How can we encounter threats for democracies such as system changes, propaganda or populism? How do democracies cope with the era of “post-truth”, populist backlash accompanied by the decline of welfare safety-nets, shifting employment opportunities abroad and perceived threats from immigrants? Which role do civil society, political parties and the media play? Questions like these are at the core of the Turkey Europe Future Forum 2017.
- 28 to 38 years of age;
- At least two years’ professional experience in the fields of politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society;
- Outstanding academic and professional qualifications;
- Turkish, German or another European citizenship;
- A university degree;
- Very good English skills;
- Strong interest in the respective topic of the Future Forum as well as European-Turkish relations.
Costs for travel and accommodation are covered.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application form.