Vacancy for 6 month Internship or Volunteer position in Belgium
Starting as soon as possible
Students must be able to provide an internship agreement from their university covering the entire duration of the internship. Volunteers will be asked to sign a volunteer agreement.
Please note that this position is unpaid but local transport is fully reimbursed and there is a small daily allowance for lunch.
The intern/volunteer will work closely with the EU Representative for the Brussels delegation of the International Federation for Human Rights.
The main tasks include:
- Assisting with research and writing on human rights advocacy issues;
- Helping to set up a comprehensive agenda of advocacy meetings with relevant parties for visiting human rights defenders from our member leagues;
- Taking part in meetings and taking minutes;
- Helping in the organization of events and press conferences when necessary;
- Following proceedings at the European institutions;
- Assisting with updating the database and other tasks when necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of the European institutions and human rights issues
- An excellent command of French and English, knowledge of other languages preferred
- The ability to write clearly and succinctly
- A desire to work in a challenging and fulfilling environment
- Ability to work well in a small team
Please send your application letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. Successful candidates will be notified shortly after the interview. Unfortunately we are not in a position to respond to all applications. If you do not hear from us, please consider that you have not been successful at this time.
Interviews will be held in our offices in Brussels.