Vacancy for Risk Analyst in Ontario, Canada
Get ready to goeasy! goeasy Ltd. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and exciting businesses. We operate two lines of business including easyhome which is the largest merchandise lease to own company in Canada offering top quality, brand name household furnishings, appliances and home electronics to consumers under weekly or monthly leasing agreements. Under our easyfinancial banner, we are a leading provider of financial products and services, including unsecured consumer loans, mortgages, prepaid cards and credit repair products that cater to underserved Canadians that do not have access to products and services from traditional financial institutions. Collectively operating under the goeasy Ltd. umbrella, the organization is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange with revenue of approximately $250 million per year, over 300 retail locations across Canada and 1600 employees.
goeasy Ltd. is seeking an analytical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities to provide analytics expertise to easyfinancial, its consumer lending business. The successful applicant will support the development, implementation and management of the appropriate level of risk analysis, monitoring and controls to ensure sound and consistent credit risk management practices that creates the foundation for profitable growth. Additionally, s/he will provide in-depth analytics to easyhome, the Company’s leasing business, liaising with various business units to meet their data requirements
Data Mining, Modelling, and Analysis:
- Conduct guided analytical dives to properly diagnose, document and report on the drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance across multiple lending channels including retail, online lending and alternative. Communicate findings and the future impacts to losses to management.
- Assist Risk and Analytics leadership by supporting the development of risk models for the purposes of origination, account management and collections.
- Perform analysis leading to credit strategy optimization, including but not limited to customer risk segmentation development that improves the portfolio’s risk-reward profile.
- Forecast, track and measure key business metrics including loss rates, approval rates, loan conversion rates, and credit quality for new initiatives and marketing campaigns.
Forecasting and Reporting:
- Maintain a standard set of risk and performance reports that evaluate the overall credit risk of the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels. Apply observations to loss forecasting models to capture current trends and communicate to Senior Management to identify risks and opportunities to the forecast.
- Conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to understand the impact of exogenous factors, policy and operational changes on delinquency and charge off levels.
- Assist Risk and Analytics leadership by providing an objective assessment of the risk profile and performance of the easyfinancial portfolio as well as the overall business unit by regularly monitoring key risk indicators, conducting periodic credit reviews, and consistently communicating findings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of quantitative methodologies, risk models and tools.
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques.
- Possess a solid understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling utilizing tools such as SAS and SQL.
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment with shifting priorities with the capacity to handle multiple competing demands and meet tight turnaround timelines.
- Possess solid communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms.
- University Degree in Statistics, Math or a relevant discipline; attainment of an advanced degree is desired.
- Knowledge and practical application of data mining and statistical principles involved in model development.
- Superior analytical skills – demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, detect trends, and understand data to develop and formulate solutions.
- Experience in Retail Credit Risk would be an asset but is not necessary.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please visit our career site at http://goeasy.com/careers/
Apply Here: www.goeasy.talentnest.com