Vacancy for HR and Travel Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is looking for
HR and Travel Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan
DURATION: 11 months (with possibility of extension)
Reports to: Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of Head/Representative of Partnership and Liaison Office, operational guidance of Administrative Assistant, and in close coordination with the Deputy Head, the HR/Travel Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Review, answer and follow-up on enquiries and claims regarding human resources matters;
- Assemble and review supporting documentation for processing various human resources actions relating to recruitment;
- Assist in initiating of HR actions (ePPR, vacancy announcements, attendance/OTL);
- Maintain personnel and/or position management files for staff, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain and update confidential information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Assist in ensuring timely completion recruitment, selections, contracting matters, in line with approved HR plans;
- Filing and keeping up to date records of all HR related incoming and outgoing correspondence, ensure confidentiality;
- Initiate computer-assisted processing of NSHR actions and check the required clearances upon appointment of selected candidates;
- Prepare contracts, form and letters on standard HR actions and draft correspondence on a variety of NSHR related matters, including issuance of certificates;
- Make travel arrangements and prepare Travel Authorizations for staff and consultants in line with adopted FAO travel procedures and raise TECs;
- Process travel expense claims, in accordance with the FAO rules and policies; verify travel performed against appropriate entitlements;
- Perform other duties as required
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of actions, to cater for provision of smooth administrative and support services of FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan.
- Timely completion of tasks assigned
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Familiarity with HR and Travel computerized systems.
- Initiative and ability to plan and organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaboratively work as a member of a team.
- Flexibility in undertaking new and additional assignments.
- University degree on business administration, international relations or from relevant departments.
- 2 years of working experience in the similar assignments
- Good experience with computers and electronic networks,
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Azerbaijani languages
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. When you go to the website please choose “Access to professional vacancies”.
When you go to the website please choose “Access to professional vacancies”.
Once you done online profile please send the document to FAOAZ-HR@fao.org email address
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. No application submitted after deadline will be accepted.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Deadline For Application: 12.02.2018
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT!