Vacancy for Digital Content Officer in London, Uk
The International Rescue Committee is looking for a talented creative to join our UK team. The Digital Content Officer is a new role within the communications team and will be responsible for creating thumb-stopping content to support our work, with a particular focus on ensuring that our fundraising team has a growing audience of supporters. You will have hands on experience in producing content for a range of channels and can give examples of both written and visual content that makes an impact. Reporting to the Senior Digital Content and Partnerships Officer, this role will be part of the Digital Team within communications, and will work closely with our Fundraising colleagues, as well as with other teams across the organisation in the UK, Europe and our HQ in New York.
The International Rescue Committee helps some of the most vulnerable people in the world who are fleeing violence and persecution. This role is about telling their story in a way that will inform, interest and inspire new and existing audiences. The Digital Content Officer will need to own the production of a range of content and will need to work across the organisation to ensure that every part of content creation, from ideas stage to publishing, is on track. This is a demanding role, and the position requires someone who is organised and able to prioritise, as well as being an excellent collaborator. You will have experience in managing third parties such as creative agencies, but you will also be well versed in creating content yourself, including video editing skills. You will have a keen understanding of paid media and content marketing. An advanced knowledge utilising social media channels to grow an audience is a must.
A background in the NGO sector is desirable but not essential, but a track record in producing content that makes people take action is an absolute necessity. Your cover letter will include links to examples of content that you have produced yourself, including both written and visual content, as well as citing examples of work that you have led on that has seen impressive engagement. You will also need to cite what specific creative software packages you are familiar with.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience in a content creation role such as journalism, advertising, copywriting or campaigns
- Excellent creative ability with proven experience in visual design for digital platforms and video editing, (such as Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop and InDesign) and a thorough understanding of brand, messaging and copywriting
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills; adept at writing clean, engaging, jargon-free copy for a range of channels
- Strong awareness of fundraising messaging, particularly across digital and social media platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues in the Europe and overseas.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong professional experience in communications, marketing or fundraising
- Experience / knowledge of developing and implementing content strategies with an international, ideally humanitarian, or development focus.
- Experience / knowledge of publishing on digital and social media platforms
- Knowledge of key debates in the UK and Europe around international development and aid
- Experience of working on fundraising campaigns including corporate and brand partnerships
- Experience in content production including photography and videography, as well as graphical content and brand assets, as well as editing and other post production skills
Deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday 17th January 2018. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 29th January 2018.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
IRC-UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the UK HR team at email@example.com
For more info and to apply: http://bit.ly/2kOaHqD