Vacancy for Cost Controller in Quba, Azerbaijan
RİXOS QUBA AZERBAIJAN
JOB TITLE: Cost Controller
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
MAIN FUNCTION: Operation and security of food, hotel and beverage stores.
REPORTS TO: Financial Director re financial/reporting/purchasing F&B Manager re cleanliness/issues/quality of supplies, General Manager
DIRECT SUBORDINATES: Storekeeper, Store Utilities
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The entire hotel department stores for food and beverage items only
POSITIONS DEMANDING CLOSE LIAISON
- Hotel Director – Daily operational matters
- Financial Controller – Daily reports, authorization for purchases
- Accountant – Daily reports, day to day stores administration
- Food & Beverage Manager – Quality of purchases, cleanliness, timely issue of items. Hygiene and cleanliness of stores
- Executive Chef – Quality/Issues/Stock Update/Items to use up
- Front Desk Manager – Prepare all necessary customs documentation together with the accountant and be present for inspections
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular daily inspections of quality and state of items in food store rooms on a minimum of once per day.
- Cleaning inspections and checks of all storerooms.
- Regular inspections on the conditions of refrigerated store rooms must be carried out with regard to temperature control and a temperature log needs to be maintained and kept on or near each walk-in fridge door as per policy.
- All items are to be received and stored in their correct manner according to storing location, packaging, temperature, light, humidity etc. on a first in first out basis to enable stock rotation.
- All storerooms to be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- All issues to be ready by requested time. Storerooms must always be kept locked when not working inside and a great emphasis to be placed on security of inventories.
- All food and beverage orders are to be placed according to company policy liaising with Executive Chef, F&B Manager.
- All administration matters to be carried out according to company policy and the direction of the accountant and the Financial Director.
- Daily contact and exchange of information with Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Head Butcher and Head Pastry.
- Carry out inventories without fail as agreed with Financial Controller or from Head Office of food and beverage stocks.
- Deal with any variances and carry out recounts as informed by Financial Controller.
- The Hotel Cost Controller is directly responsible that the guidelines for handling and cleaning of machines and equipment are strictly followed by all stores crew concerned and that all stores crew are properly trained in correct use of equipment.
- Repair orders should be passed on to the F&B Manager to add to AVO list.
- The Hotel Cost Controller is to follow up on outstanding repairs and communicate accordingly with the Hotel Engineer
With General Manager, Financial Director, Chief Accountant, Executive Chef, F&B Manager, Housekeeper Manager
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Cost Control related training
- Relevant and similar capacity estimating and cost controlling preferably in Hospitality industry
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Fast worker with ability to work well under stress
- Completed apprenticeship as a cook in a hotel or restaurant
- English language in spoken and written form is advantage
- Computer skills: Windows XP, Word, Excel, MS Outlook. Additional: Stock Control System,
- Good knowledge of food and beverage items, consumable items.
- Must be knowledgeable in checking quality of goods and in working with supply schedules
Salary: Negotiable (depending on the candidate).
All candidates should send their CV to [email protected] and reflect the subject of the email as: Cost Controller