Vacancy for Media Assistant at Derby County F.C.
Derby County Football Club have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Media Assistant to join our team.
Working within the Communications team, you will assist in providing an efficient and comprehensive information service to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Communications team at Derby County is the epicentre of content management, providing a gold standard service in message management and delivery across all departments.
This is a fantastic development role, with a wide range of responsibilities that reflects the fast paced and strategic development of our football club communications.
* Assisting in producing accurate, intelligent, and engaging editorial content for all departments within the club;
* Monitor social and digital media for Derby County editorial and other subjects of interest;
* Assist in hosting press conferences;
* Monitor and triage all media requests;
* Manage media accreditation for home matches;
* Provide administrative support for the Communications team
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience of working in a Press Office/Communications Department for a football club, sports organisation, or a business with a significant public profile;
* Demonstrable interest in communications and media relations;
* Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage own workload effectively, assessing priorities to meet conflicting deadlines, often at short notice and under pressure;
* Sound judgement skills knowing when to refer up, and able to make decisions quickly while maintaining sharp attention to detail;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to liaise at all levels, both internally and externally;
* A good working knowledge and use of social media for promoting content and news stories (it would be advantageous if this experience was within football, but not essential);
* A BA Degree in Sports Journalism or equivalent.
Competitive salary depending on experience.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/jobs-at-dcfc.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to: The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL
The closing date for receipt of applications is midday on Friday 28th July 2017.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.