Vacancy for Policy Assistant (internship) in Brussels, Belgium
The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 15,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high quality service systems. EASPD works towards ensuring the full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and is accredited to the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD.
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu.
- Policy assistant (internship)
We are looking for a junior profile willing to complete his/her ongoing studies with an exciting working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The Interrn will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Policy Manager and in close cooperation with other members of the Policy team. The work would involve covering a broad variety of topics:
- EASPD’s annual conferences and events
- European semester, with specific emphasis on investment policies in the social sector
- the financing of social services, looking at both European Structural Funds and the European Fund for Strategic Investment
- European Social Dialogue and improving the attractiveness of the sector for young professionals
- The implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Starting date: 1st September, for 6 months
Selection process: Candidates should send a CV and cover letter (max 1 page) in English to Ms Sabrina Ferraina [email protected] by 31st July 11:59pm. Interviews will take place mid-August either in person or on Skype.