Vacancy for Intern at Acadia National Park
The iSWOOP (Interpreters and Scientists Working in Our Parks) project seeks applications for an intern at Acadia National Park. iSWOOP is a multi-institutional collaboration assisting park rangers bridge the gap between the public and science researchers. As a part of this research we are studying interest development in informal learning spaces, such as national parks.
Description: Research Assistant intern will assist in the data collection of a variety of in the field visitor research occurring in the national park.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Assisting in implementing visitor research protocol (interviews, observations)
• Operating a video camera (intern need not posses the equipment, but feel comfortable handling the equipment).
• Ensuring field work is conducted at a high standard, which includes following research director’s instructions
• Writing up notes, if required.
• Short internship from July 26 – July 31
• Up to 6 hours per day (with lunch break)
• Accommodation provided for those that need it.
• Ability to participate in all national park visitor activities, which may include hiking and standing for long periods of time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including possible early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Demonstrated judgement and discretion in the handling of sensitive information
The stipend for this position is $450. You cannot receive college credit for this internship.
To apply please visit this link: https://goo.gl/forms/d0TiiOowJym62KJG2