Vacancy for Business Intelligence Intern in Brussels, Belgium
Availability: From February or March 2018
Duration: 5 to 6 months
Location: Brussels, close to EU district
The Becquerel Institute is a research oriented consulting company providing expert advice on solar PV (photovoltaics) and electricity markets, with a particular focus in the fields of PV markets, industry analysis, PV competitiveness within the electricity markets, regulatory and policy analysis, business modeling, financial instruments, and Building Integrated Photovoltaics.
Our customers and partners represent the major stakeholders of the PV sector, in Europe and globally, such as SolarPower Europe, SolarUnited, the International Energy Agency (IEA), the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), companies from the PV and energy sectors, as well as research centers.
To effectively follow industry and market developments, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Intern.
- Prepare the daily monitoring
- Continuously update the market and policy databases
- Assist in the preparation of national policy and market analysis and updates
- Assist in preparation of Becquerel Institute’s newsletter
- Manage and update websites related to Becquerel Institute activities
- Provide ad hoc support to Becquerel Institute team members.
- Economics, communication or policy studies (or equivalent).
- Additional studies on energy and/or renewable energies is an asset
- Understanding of energy issues and strong interest in renewable energies
- Fluent in English (both written and oral), other language skills are an asset
- Computer skills in general (being independent from an IT manager)
- Strong organizational skills
- Fast learner, ability to work independently and demonstrate team spirit
- Committed, dynamic, autonomous and proactive
- Sense of humor is an asset
Important – Mandatory Conditions
For students: As per Belgian legislation, a monthly reimbursement (750 EUR) for expenses on a standard basis is planned.
A signed “Convention de Stage“ (a tripartite agreement signed by Becquerel Institute, the intern and his/her university or college) is required.
Prospective interns currently in their studies must fulfill this requirement to apply (please confirm it in your cover letter).
Applicants with a scholarship, especially working on a thesis related to the photovoltaic technology, are welcome to apply.
For graduates: As per Belgian legislation, a “Convention d’immersion professionelle” is signed.
Any candidate must be eligible to this type of contract. A monthly compensation of approximately 750 EUR, is paid (this will vary in function of candidate’s age).
A CV and a short cover letter should be sent to the management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in subject: “Intern – Business Intelligence / 2018 and indicate your availability date.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews maybe conducted via Skype.
No refund of costs associated to travelling for the interview in foreseen.
Becquerel Institute is a Belgian company, based 146 Rue Royale, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
For more information, visit: becquerelinstitute.org