Vacancy for Research Intern in Brussels, Belgium
The Brussels office of the public interest law firm Frank Bold is currently recruiting a Research Intern to start full-time in January 2017 for a period of four to six months.
This internship will require substantial research and analysis relating to corporate governance and sustainable business practices. Applicants must hold, or be studying towards, an undergraduate or advanced degree in law, business, economics or a related field and be comfortable analyzing and synthesizing complex information.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; applicants are advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
Frank Bold is a purpose-driven law firm established in 1995 with four offices in the Czech Republic as well as offices in Brussels, Belgium and Krakow, Poland. The firm seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. The firm leads the Purpose of the Corporation Project, a strategic and open-source platform for leading experts and organisations interested in promoting the long-term health and sustainability of publicly listed companies policy-making and business management. Frank Bold is a steering group member of the European Coalition for Corporate Justice, which promotes corporate responsibility within the EU.
- Researching, drafting, and editing of articles and reports related to corporate governance, company law, corporate reporting and sustainable business models.
- Support the work of staff on managing relationships with decision-makers and stakeholders, developing policy proposals, producing communications materials (e.g. opinion-editorials and blog posts) and undertaking short pieces of analysis (e.g. policy briefings to share our research findings with diverse audiences).
- The intern will be invited to meetings and events when possible and his/her contributions will be acknowledged in publications.
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium
- (Near) native fluency in English. French is a very strong asset. Other EU languages an advantage
- Hold a Law / Business / Economics or related field degree or studying towards it
- Applicants must be supported by a funding program such as Erasmus+ or supported through their educational institute.
- Very good writing, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Motivation to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices
- Good knowledge of EU legislative procedures is an advantage
- An internship for 5 days per week with flexible work schedule
- Professional supervision and coaching
- Friendly work environment in a small organisation with unique expertise in social justice issues
- Conveniently located office between Porte de Namur Metro and EU Parliament
Frank Bold is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send applications to Susanna Arus, Communications Officer, with the subject line “Brussels internship” by November 10, 2017. Email: email@example.com.
Applications must contain:
- A cover letter written in English explaining why you wish to join Frank Bold, the desired period for the internship, and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for Erasmus+ funding;
- A CV in English or French
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, either in person in Brussels or via phone/Skype.