Vacancy for Communications intern in Edinburgh, Scotland
Location: Clermiston, Edinburgh
Salary dependent on experience
35 hours per week initially for 12 months
Closing date: 4 August 2017, 5pm
About The General Teaching Council for Scotland
The General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) is the independent professional body which promotes and regulates the teaching profession in Scotland. The principal statutory aims of GTCS are to contribute to improving the quality of teaching and learning and to maintain and improve teachers’ professional standards.
The post will primarily support online communications including web content management, social media, digital campaigns and marketing. It will also involve reporting/analysis of our activity across these channels.
- Create engaging content/copy for online publication (including social media);
- Add content to GTCS websites through the Content Management System;
- Assist in the maintenance and population of social media channels;
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of data captured through our website, social media and e-newsletter platforms;
- Analysis and reporting/analytics of media coverage;
- Assist in providing quality assurance processes for GTCS publications, including ensuring appropriate branding and styling;
- Support media management activities at Fitness to Teach hearings and through media enquiries;
- Promote the work of GTCS and develop its links with the profession and other key stakeholders through communications and marketing activity as required; and
- Support in the implementation of the GTCS annual Communications Plan and any other specific team projects as required.
Knowledge and experience
Degree or equivalent qualification; and
Evidence of relevant professional learning.
• Skills and attributes
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Strong interpersonal skills;
Ability to work effectively as a member of a team; and
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Please access the full job description from our website at:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 4 August 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter by email to the contact below. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State (a) your availability and (b) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec.